Fundación ReachingU is a transparent and pluralistic organization, made up of people of all ages, with different beliefs, political ideas, and creeds, who work selflessly to improve the education of the underprivileged in Uruguay.
Each of its volunteers commits to work to fulfill the foundation’s objectives:
- Work to alleviate the situation of children and adolescents living in poverty and contribute to combat decline in marginalized communities.
- Be a reliable and efficient organization, positioned to identify where to best invest the financial support of our donors.
- Promote social, intellectual and material exchange among Uruguayans living in the country and abroad..
- Act as social communicators, showing the reality of education of vulnerable children and young people to those with the means to transform it.
- Promote synergies and partnerships between social stakeholders, raising their performance standards and promoting the use of best practices.
What are the responsibilities of a Fundación ReachingU volunteer?
All Fundación ReachingU volunteers dedicate professional and personal skills, time and material resources to work for the organization. In addition, they help strengthen and expand contact networks, bringing new volunteers and donors
What areas do volunteers work in?
- Monitoring and follow-up
- Linkages with organizations
- Support in the production of printed and digital material
- Support in the production of videos
- Contact with the media
- Management of social media accounts
- Organization of fundraising events
- Search for items for charity auctions
- Providing the organization with legal and accounting advice
“My motivation is the vision of the organization, its constant search for new challenges/opportunities to improve the quality of life of Uruguayan children, the possibility of doing our share to give them a better future, and the excellent group of people with whom we work weekly.
I am fully convinced that the starting point of any change/development is education.”
“What I value most about ReachingU is that it is continually built on the heart and soul effort and passion of the volunteers, the directors and a small highly qualified and devoted staff.”
“The transparency and responsibility of the teams managing the funds
and projects in Montevideo are also fundamental for me. I know firsthand the
hard work accomplished by everyone, the impact of the implementation of the
programs and their follow-up”
Juan Ignacio Scasso
María Noel Coates
Ana Laura Cooney
Anahí De Canio
Gaspar del Castillo
José Luis Peña
Lucía Echenique Fossati
María García Fastoso
Elisa Algorta Valeria
María Eugenia Vilar del Valle
Pilar Sánchez Varela
María Paz Olave